Thursday, March 26, 2009

Giraffes in the Yard

Today I was upstairs putting away some laundry while Daxton was playing and Kendee was just hanging out in her swing.  I could hear a strange noise so I went to see what Daxton was doing.  I saw him down hitting the blinds, trying to see out the window.  I asked him what he was doing and he told me "giraffes." So I asked him where the giraffes were and he pointed out the window and said "outside."  He also told me that there were two giraffes a
nd that they were just "hanging out."  It was so funny.  All day we had to go and check on the giraffes and say hi to them.  Sometimes there were other animals.  We got to see some zebras, noccers (rhinos), and tigers.  It was quite the adventure.  

Here is Daxton looking through his binoculars.  


Checking to make sure the giraffes were still there.


Kendee was so good to just fall asleep in her swing.  Notice the headband, when she woke up it served as a great binkie.  She just kept sucking on it and was so mad when I pulled it out of her mouth.  

Another funny thing about Daxton is his new phrase.  He always asks "You hearing me."  He says it to everyone and everything.  I hear it all day every day.  Most the time I am "hearing him,"  but he sure does a good job at making sure he has my attention.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Your kids are cute. Are you guys headed to Cedar anytime this summer. We're moving back soon (to SL but hopefully that means we'll be in Cedar more often). I'd love to see you guys.

Anna Rhodes said...

Daxton is so funny. Sounds like he was on a safari. He is so creative. Sound like the baby is too...using her head band as a binki. Wow